Have you ever found a dust mite bites you? Perhaps, you would never see this invertebrate is biting you because it is very small. Dust mites are parasitic organisms which are associated with dust in dwellings. This invertebrate belongs to the genus Dermatophagoides. The most common species found in the whole world is house dust mite (Dermatophagoides microceras). This mite is almost invisible with its very small translucent body. Its size is only about 0.2 to 0.3 millimeters. They feed on skin flakes of human, animal, or another mold, and it can cause such an allergic reaction to the most of people.
The Danger of Dust Mite Bites
The problems of dust mite are commonly found in houses. They usually live where human do. They may be found bed, linen, or carpets that might contain dust, and they comfortably live there because they can easily get their food. The dust mite bites usually cause an allergic reaction to some of the people. Its symptoms start from the itch on the skin. The female dust mite naturally can live up to 70 days, and they can produce about 100 eggs in the last five weeks of their life. Meanwhile, the male ones’ life cycle is only 10-19 days on average.
The dust mites have five stages of life cycle, which begins with the eggs, to the immature nymph, and the sexually mature adult. Their external bodies are covered by exoskeleton which they will shed it each week. Since the dust mite known for its allergenic bites, they are commonly associated with some diseases such as atopic dermatitis, allergic rhinitis, and asthma. The dust mite bites contain potent digestive enzymes which are considered as the main cause of the allergic reactions. The first sign of the infection is usually coming from the itch felt on the skin that is infected.